1. Keep the bar as straight as possible. With dumbells, keep each arm at the same height through the exercise.
2. Keep your back flat against the bench, engage your core and don’t arch your back.
3. Move the bar in a smooth motion without bouncing it off your chest.
4. Making the grip wider will make you work the pecs more, narrowing the grip will make you work the triceps more.
5. With the dumbells, you will generally need to use a lighter weight as there is more instability.
6. You can rotate the dumbells as you bring them down, this will work the triceps more. If you don’t rotate them you will work the triceps less.